M5CameraF is a development board for image recognition. It features an ESP32(4M Flash + 520K RAM) chip and 2-Megapixel camera (OV2640).
The module offers plenty of storage with an extra 4 Mbyte PSRAM. It also supports image transmission via Wi-Fi and debugging through USB Type-C port.
The hardware comes with preloaded software, programmed by ESP-IDF. It is an application to run Wi-Fi camera. The output image resolution is 600*800, since it's 2MP camera, you sure can optimize the software to output a better resolution image.
what this software can do?
- Power the board via USB type-C or GROVE
- Use your phone to Wi-Fi scan an AP name start with 'm5stack-' and click to connect this AP.
- Open up web browser on your phone and visit 192.168.4.1
- Then here comes the picture. Video is about 5-6 frames per seconds. not super fast.
- CP2104 USB-to-TTL converter
- ESP32-WROVER (PCB Antenna)
- WIFI image transmission
- OV2640 sensor
- Camera Field of View : 150 degree
- 1x M5CameraF
- 1x LEGO Adapter
- 1x Wall/1515
- 1x Type-C USB(20cm)
|Maximum resolution||2M pixel|
|Output format||YUV(422/420)/YCbCr422,RGB565/555,8-bit compressed data,8-/10-bit Raw RGB data|
|CCD Size||1/4 inch|
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
I released "M5CameraF-car" with this product in Japan.
Please check following net news !
PSRAM Fisheye Camera Module (OV2640)
Fish-eye Camera Module (OV2640)
This camera is great it pickups at wide angle view and wireless works great.