NCIR is a single-point infrared temperature sensor. It incorporates the MLX90614 infrared sensor, capable of measuring the surface temperature of human bodies or other objects.
Unlike most contact-based sensors, this sensor detects temperature by measuring the infrared radiation emitted by distant objects. It does not require physical contact, allowing for a wider temperature measurement range of -70°C to +380°C. With a 90° field of view, it can conveniently and quickly measure the average temperature at a specific location.
This unit is connected to the M5Core through PORT A I2C (address 0x5A).
- Measuring object temperature range: -70°C ~ 380°C
- Measuring ambient temperature range: -40 to 125 ˚C
- Measurement accuracy at room temperature: ±0.5°C
- Field of view: 90°
- Software Development Platform: Arduino, UIFlow (Blockly, Python)
- Two Lego-compatible holes
- 1x NCIR Unit
- 1x Grove Cable
- Body Temperature Measurement
- Object (biological) Motion Detection
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
The NCIR sensor is watching my gas fireplace. It posts to my MQTT service if the fire goes out. Works fine.
I bought for a project related to Covid-19 and it is very reliable and easy to integrate. Recommended unit!
NCIR Temperature Sensor Unit (MLX90614)
Great product, easy to program
Very good product as described