- PRODUCT DETAILS
Although M5 core is ESP32-based, having Wi-Fi intergrated, it doesn't stop you enable the Ethernet function. This LAN is a M5 Base that having a W5500 chip, which is a Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller that provides easier Internet connection to embedded systems. This Base is speciffically design for industrial application scenarioes, comes with couple of HT3.96 connectors, 485 metal rail and magnet discs for easy installation and fixation.The 6 pin of HT3.96 connector are dangling, you can wired them up with the M-BUS and other circuit as you like.
The figure below shows the inner of LAN
If you need to add RS485 interface, soldering the RS485 board onto the mian board pin correspondingly.
TTL-to-RS485 adapter board and LAN base
The figure below tells you how the TTL-to-RS485 adapter board connected onto LAN backplane
The serial port pins on the RS485 board will be connected to the GPIO16 and GPIO17 of the LAN backplane.
Note: When using the CORE2 or CORE2-FOR-AWS main control to drive the module, please use the DC power input of the base and set the power mode to input mode (refer to the code below), otherwise it will not start normally //mbus_mode_t: //kMBusModeOutput: Use USB or battery power //kMBusModeInput: Use external power supply 5V, or DC interface M5.begin(true, true, true, false, kMBusModeInput); //Initialize Serial according to the actual connected pins Serial2.begin(115200, SERIAL_8N1, 13, 14);
- Input Supply Voltage: 9-24V
- HT3.96 port for supporting RS485
- Support RS485 communication
- Easy to fixed on the wall
- 1x LAN Base
- 1x TTL-to-RS485 adapter board
- 1x pin header 20pin
- 1x metal rails and magnet discs
- 3x HT3.96 terminal
- 2x 3pin
- 1x 4pin
- 10x cold crimp terminal（red Copper Lugs）
- 3x HEX KEY - 1x 1.5mm - 1x 2mm - 1x 2.5mm
- 2x hexagon socket head cap screws M3x28
- 4x hexagon socket tapping screw KA2x4
- 1x countersunk head screw M3x8
- M5Core + LAN implementing a conveyor controller
- PC transmits video to Core via cable
- EasyLoader is a simple and fast program burner. Every product page in EasyLoader provides a product-related case program. This can be burned to the M5 device through simple steps, and a series of function verifications can be performed.
After downloading the software, double-click to run the application, connect the M5 device to the computer through the data cable, select the port parameters, click "Burn" to burn the program (For M5StickC, set the baud rate to 115200 or 750000)
3.The CP210X (USB driver) needs to be installed before the EasyLoader is burned. Click here to download driver
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
Works fine, but couldn't find robust libraries for modbus. There is little information for both microphone and Arduino/C
Everything in order, it only lacks a first steps manual or reference for more online documentation.
We would like to know there is no RS 485 terminal number.
With the LAN module and the appropriate accessories for a DIN 35mm mounting it is the perfect accessory for the M5Stack in industrial environments. Also the variable input voltage of 9-24 Volt and the optional RS485 connection is very well solved. A bad thing that the Battery Module (UPS) cannot be combined with the LAN module (Battery Pack cannot be charged via LAN Module).
LAN Module with W5500