FINGER Unit is a fingerprint sensor based on the FPC1020A chipset.
This all-in-one fingerprint sensor makes fingerprint adding, verification and managing super simple.
Operated by the UART protocol, Compact size and ultra-low power consumption makes it very attractive to use around M5Stack series product. it performs fast fingerprint matching with highest security level and optimal user convenience. You can program to set the fingerprint recognition comparison level and different security level . if you ever consider secure your project with biometrics, don't forget to include this M5unit FINGER.
This unit communicate with M5Core by UART protocol connected via PORTC
- Baudrate(default: 19200bps)
- Start bits(1 bit)
- Stop bits(1 bit)
- Use capacitive area array semiconductor fingerprint sensor
- Each pixel of the sensor has a pixel quality of 256 gray levels
- 1: N recognition and 1: 1 verification function
- Support finger 360 rotation recognition
- Fingerprint comparison and search function
- 1x FINGER Unit
- 1x Grove Cable
- Fingerprint Attendance Machine
- Fingerprint Locker
|Security level||0-9, default 5|
|Output format||User name, image, feature value|
|Characteristic value size||193Byte|
|Communication method||UART (9600-115200)|
|Working temperature||-10 °C-60 °C|
|Relative humidity||20% -80%|
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
Finger Print Sensor Unit (FPC1020A)
Finger Print Unit (FPC1020A)
Looks like everything is ok
Connected the FPC1020A to my M5Stack and used the provided source code from product page and worked with no issues and was able to prototype within minutes.