ATOM DTU NB Kit is a programmable data transmission unit (DTU) that specifically integrates NB-IoT communication capabilities. It is designed to provide reliable and efficient connectivity for various low-latency and low-throughput application scenarios, such as remote control, asset tracking, remote monitoring, remote medical treatment, and shared bicycles.
The DTU incorporates the SIM7020G module, which supports most of the Cat-NB frequency bands for NB-IoT communication. This allows for wide coverage and compatibility with NB-IoT networks. The module also features an SMA external antenna interface, which helps enhance communication quality and signal stability by allowing the connection of an external antenna.
Unlike traditional DTUs that typically support only data transparent transmission, the ATOM DTU series adopts an open architecture design. The ATOM LITE controller enables program modification according to specific business requirements, providing flexibility and customization options. The module includes various interfaces such as RS485, I2C, and custom interfaces, allowing for convenient expansion and integration of sensors and actuators.
ATOM DTU NB is designed to be embedded in industrial control sites and features a self-contained guide rail clamping structure. This design ensures easy installation and integration into various industrial environments.
- SIM7020G/Global version/Multi-band support
- RS485 communication interface (with 12V input interface, internal integrated DCDC step-down 5V)
- Modbus Master/slave
- Strong signal access capability
- AT command control
- SIM card type: MicroSIM
- External antenna: SMA antenna interface
- Grove expansion interface:
- I2C x1
- Custom x1
- Serial communication: UART 115200bps
- Self-contained rail clamping
- Cat-NB frequency band:
- B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/ B12/B13/B17/B18/B19/ B20/B25/B26/B28/ B66/B70/B71/B85
- Data transmission (kbps):
- Network protocol:
- TCP/UDP/HTTP/HTTPS/ TLS/DTLS/DNS/NTP/ PING/LWM2M/COAP/ MQTT/MQTTS
- 1x ATOM LITE
- 1x ATOM DTU NB
- 1x SMA antenna
- 1x SMA red cap
- 1x M2 hexagon wrench
- 1x M2x16 screw
- 1x 3.96-4P terminal
- Smart meter
- Remote monitoring
- Shared bicycles
- RoHS/REACH/RCM/Telstra/CE(RED)/GCF/ATEX/TIM/Deutsche Telekom/Vodafone/FCC/PTCRB/T-Mobile/IC
- Telstra*/Vodafone/Deutsche Telekom
|Support Cat-NB frequency band||B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/ B12/B13/B17/B18/B19/ B20/B25/B26/B28/ B66/B70/B71/B85|
|Network protocol||TCP/UDP/HTTP/HTTPS/ TLS/DTLS/DNS/NTP/ PING/LWM2M/COAP/ MQTT/MQTTS|
|Product Size||64 * 24 * 29mm|
|Package Size||91 * 42 * 24.5mm|
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
The Atom DTU NB-IoT is a nice device. Works well. What I am missing is the possibility to turn the SIM7020G on via a GPIO. But I understand the limitation as there are only so many GPIOs available on an M5Atom.
this gives industrial rs485 modbus devices connectivity. 24V power, same as most industrial devices and clicks on your euro din rail.Love it!